How to apply
PLEASE NOTE: All CEGEP applications are completed online.
Service Régional d’Admission de Montréal (SRAM):
- That site will open for applications by mid-January.
- You can apply to ONE CEGEP program on your first round application (before March 1st). That means you have to decide among those CEGEPs before you sit down to apply!
- If you are refused, choose a second program at the same CEGEP for Round 2 (mid-April), or you might consider applying to the same or a different program at a different CEGEP where there is more space. Your term 2 marks will be seen by the CEGEPs for Rounds 2 and 3 also.
Common Application System (CAS):
- You make 1st and 2nd choices on the CAS when you complete your application before March 1st.
- If you are not accepted into your first choice of CEGEP program, they will transfer your file to your second choice program. Therefore it is a good idea to make your second choice a program at the same CEGEP that has either more space or fewer specific prerequisites. Consult your Guidance Department for more information.
- To submit your application, fill the SRAM online form at [ http://commonapplication.qc.ca]
- CEGEPS that are part of CAS include:
Marianopolis [www.marianopolis.edu] has its own individual application procedure. You can apply online by mid-January, making 1st & 2nd program choices at that time. Remember, Marianopolis is a 'private' College - meaning you have to pay tuition as well as for books.
Other Private Colleges (ex. LaSalle & O’Sullivan & Centennial) also have their own application procedures, so you can apply to them also separately. See their websites for details: www.clasalle.com, www.osullivan.edu & http://college.centennial.qc.ca.
** IMPORTANT **: Your application will not be complete without the following documents. Failure to provide all required documents BEFORE MARCH 1st could result in losing a place in your program.
- SRAM (for JAC & Vanier); and Dawson, Champlain @ St. Lambert and Marianopolis can all access Sec IV & V marks online.
- For other colleges, you may have to photocopy your final Sec IV transcript and most recent sec V report card and mail them to ARRIVE BY March 1st.
- SRAM (for JAC & Vanier), can access your birth/ citizenship records online, if you were born in Quebec.
- For all other CEGEPs, you will have to make photocopies of the long form of your birth certificate [if born in Quebec].
- If you were born outside Quebec, you must provide a copy of your birth certificate. If you were born outside Canada you must also provide a copy of your Canadian Citizenship documents and mail those to every CEGEP concerned.
- For most, the application fee [$30] is payable by credit card when you register online. If you choose not to pay online, you must mail to them a certified cheque or money order to be received by the CEGEP or SRAM by March 1st.
** VERY IMPORTANT **:
Quote your student file number (from your online "application receipt") on anything you mail or fax!